I do not know if that is supposed to be in the subject line…but I think it works, gets the point across. That and I honestly do not know…plus it is just fun.
I was tagged by IrishKatie. I confess I was giddy to get the award, but then of course, that is when work gets the most hectic. So a tad belated, but here it is, and confession—I had fun. Thanks, Katie
This is how it works as I have been informed:
- Post the rules.
- Post a photo of yourself. (Not an absolute must is my understanding as some are reluctant to post their photo.)
- Post eleven random facts about you.
- Questions were created for you by the person who tagged you. Answer the questions.
- Tag several people.
- Create eleven new questions for those that you have tagged.
- Go to their blog/twitter and let them know that they have been tagged.
Me at my favorite tea shoppe, sporting my casual look. I got a bit of work done Sunday, but still more to do. Term end is hectic.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
- I took Welsh for a semester because the novel I am working on has a Welsh character and I find Celtic culture fascinating being a member, though distant member, myself. I love saying Nos swaith da (good evening) as an inside joke at work.
- The redder my hair gets the cuter I become.
- I like Pims and St. Germaine (elderflower liqueur) with ginger ale.
- I love, but I am not obsessed with, my cats—they are black cats as black cats are often euthanized. I root for underdogs, also I have a fascination with Egyptian mythology as well as Celtic and Greek…Bast, black cats, there you go.
- I have hiked 17 miles in one day, despite hiking through bear crap, in known bear turf.
- I know what Rocky Mountain High sounds like in German (we visited my aunt while she was living in Munich and while at Starkbier Fest at a beer garden the locals insisted hearing we were from Colorado—well stand on the bench and sing along with the band waving your stein…wickedly good fun. What happens at Starkbier Fest, stays at Starkbier Fest).
- Though I have traveled, I have never been to Ireland—the one country I have wanted to see since I was 12.
- When I am trying to learn Spanish, my speaking responses come out in German.
- I hate Henry VIII because he chopped the heads off of several women while being a womanizer…so when at Windsor I made a point of stomping on his resting place to show my displeasure with his actions…well toss up between him and Henry IV who I am pretty sure had my favorite author, Chaucer, murdered.
- I am familiar with both Old English and Middle English and can recite the first 20 lines of the Canterbury Tales from memory in a broken Middle English.
- My friend thinks it is a travesty that I have never had hollandaise sauce before. This came up when I mentioned my next cooking class will be teaching this so I can experiment with eggs Benedict…my friend can be at peace now knowing that I will see what I have been missing out on.
Questions Posed to Me:
- How do you think you and I met? We met blogging.
- How long do you think you will be blogging here? I don’t know. I expect for a time.
- Whether you like math or not, what do you think is one cool thing about math? Math is also a form of philosophy. More notables are: Pythagoras, Kant (categorical imperative), Descartes (I think therefore I am), Aristotle (of course) and many more were philosophers as well as mathematicians. To me there is something magical and fascinating about math…I just don’t speak that language as well as I would like.
- Whether you believe we are alone in the universe or not, does believing this comfort you? I believe there is something more out there—along with different dimensions, etc. and I find this thought comforting. The idea that we are it, that there is nothing…I can’t swallow. There is more to life than what we see with our eyes as it is. Besides, if Star Trek is right we meet the Vulcans first, and I like Spock.
- What is an embarrassing thing that happened to you since the beginning of 2013? In a drunken stupor I promised the lead singer of the Gasoline Lollipops that I would write a poem about insanity/madness and Alice in Wonderland, so that they could turn it into a song. The evening ended with me giving Shelly a hard time for not explaining to me that a “double tall” is doubly alcohol. What can I say I am a light weight who does not appreciate becoming intoxicated without meaning to?
- What is something you have done since the beginning of 2013 that you are proud of? I am in the process of buying a house.
- What did you dream about last night? A strange dream about falling through thin ice and saving a teenager. Then we debated if we should be allowed to go to a funeral.
- We’ve all seen the “What 5 people would you want at a dinner party?” question. Say you got all 5 there, what would you serve for dinner? I would cook chicken picatta, angel hair pasta with asparagus, because it is a dish I am confident cooking.
- Can you give the next in the sequence? OTTFFS—SENT I admit I looked it up on the internet, but that is why it exists…kind of…time pressed there.
- All of you that I have tagged loved to write. What kind of writing do you like to do? I like blogging and I like writing fantasy/adventure.
- What makes you happy when you are feeling down? A good question and it depends on the kind of down I am going through. Sometimes it is watching favorite SciFi/Fantasy shows or movies, a good walk with a friend, hiking, live theater, petting my cats, belly-dancing, a good concert, music, drawing, writing (clearly) or meditating with divinity.
Tag Several Others: Well, ladies, I choose you:
New Questions Created By Me:
- How long have you been blogging?
- What made you start blogging?
- What essential item do you carry with you at all times?
- If you could meet a famous person, who would it be and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- If a chicken was crossing the road, would you ask it why it was crossing or would you just set back and watch it cross the road taking in the moment? Why did you choose as you did?
- What was your favorite show when you were a kid?
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
- What is your favorite genre of literature?
- What is your favorite genre of writing?
- If you had a million dollars—not strings and taxes were already taken out—what would you do?
Let Those Who Were Tagged Be Aware Of It:
Okay ladies, I will post on your WordPress…however that is done. Still learning a bit.